Why Royal College of Music?
The Royal College of Music (RCM) provides specialist musical education in the centre of London. The college's iconic Blomfield building is situated opposite the world-famous Royal Albert Hall. Facilities
More than 50% of RCM students come from outside the UK, representing over 60 countries across the world. The college's teaching staff are also drawn from every corner of the globe. The RCM's friendly atmosphere provides a unique opportunity in which to build contacts and friendships with musicians from across the world. Support staff provide advice to international students on a range of subjects, from accommodation to finances.
- Performance opportunities in venues across London and Further afield
- The RCM holds 500 events a year
- Dedicated professors who are at the forefront of their fields
- Students have gone on to enjoy successful international careers for more than 135 years
- Alumni includes Sir Thomas Allen, Benjamin Britten, Natalie Clein, Amy Dickson, Sir James Galway, Gustav Holst, Alina Ibragimova, Dame Joan Sutherland and Ralph Vaughan-Williams
- The only conservatoire to award their own degrees right up to doctoral level
- A thriving research community informs teaching and helps students develop fully as artists
- Top conservatoire for performing arts in the UK for four consecutive years in the QS World University Rankings 2016-19